Create a lasting, positive change in your community.
Join our incredible community of volunteers and start having an immediate, lasting impact on the lives of people living in your city. Since 2016, we have expanded to support survivors and their children in your community. Give back, make friends, learn new skills and help shape the future of Shelter Movers.
Please note that we require proof of vaccination from all volunteers and staff, as part of our commitment to the safety and security of our clients, volunteers, and employees.
View full Covid-19 Vaccination policy here.
Volunteers are needed at all of our locations:
- Greater Toronto Area, including the York Region
- Vancouver and the Lower Mainland
- Montreal Region and Laval
- Ottawa (National Capital Region)
- Halifax Regional Municipality, South Shore, and the Annapolis Valley
- Waterloo Region (Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge)
A variety of volunteer positions are currently open, including:
- Moving / Operations Support
- Move Coordinations and Logistics Planning
- Web Development
- Volunteer Management
- Marketing & Communications
- Policy Development & Governance
- Fundraising & Event Planning
- Finance & Bookkeeping